These steps are required to continue as a pre-business student beyond the first year.
- Come equipped with a PC laptop or notebook. More about our PC policy below.
- Complete these required courses by the end of your first year (note none may be taken as pass/no credit):
- BUSI 10153
- ENGL 10803
- MATH 10283 or MATH 10524
- ECON 10223
- ECON 10233
- Maintain a cumulative GPA of 2.75 or above. If you don’t meet the minimum 2.75 GPA at the end of your first year you cannot continue as pre-business and must select a major other than business. A cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above is required to declare your major in your second year.
- Complete 24 credit hours by the end of your first year.
- Pass Microsoft Office certification tests for PowerPoint and Excel.
- Attend Academic Advising. Watch your TCU email for information about academic advising from the Neeley Academic Advising Center.
How Will You Know You've Made It?
Complete all the steps above to continue as pre-business students beyond the first year.
These steps are required to be eligible to apply to the Neeley School of Business.
- Attend Academic Advising. Schedule your appointment with your Academic Advisor as soon as possible. You must be advised before you enroll in classes for the next semester.
- Complete the following required courses:
- INSC 20153
- INSC 20263
- ACCT 20353
- ENTR 20153
- Maintain an overall 3.0 TCU GPA; 2.75 for Lower-Division Requirements.
- If you are eligible, you may submit an application through the my.tcu.edu portal.
→ my.tcu.edu > Academic Progress > Neeley > Application
Neeley Fellows and BNSF Neeley Leadership students: Please follow the advising information provided to you by your program.