J. Vaughn and Evelyne H. Wilson Professor of Business
- PhD, University of Alabama
- MBA, University of Alabama
- BA, Cheong-Ju University
Areas of Expertise/Research
- Corporate governance issues, especially in Asia
- Market valuation of accounting and auditing information
- Earnings quality
- Accounting regularity in emerging capital markets
- “Debt Financing and Accounting Conservatism in Private Firms,” Contemporary Accounting Research (winter 2014), I. Haw, J. Lee and W. Lee.
- “The Investor Protection and Price Informativeness about Future Earnings: International Evidence,” Review of Accounting Studies 17 (June 2012), Vol. 17 (2), I. Haw, B. Hu, J. Lee and W. Wu, pp. 389-419.
- “Corporate Governance and Earnings Management by Classification Shifting,” Contemporary Accounting Research 28 (2011), I. Haw, S. Ho and A. Li, pp. 517-553.
- Ultimate Ownership, Income Management, and Legal and Extra-Legal Institutions, Journal of Accounting Research (May 2004), I. Haw, B. Hu, L. Hwang, and W. Wu, pp. 423-462
- "Market Consequences of Earnings Management of Listed Firms in Response to Security Regulations in Chinas Emerging Capital Market," Contemporary Accounting Research 22 (2005), co-authors, D. Qi, D. Wu, and W. Wu
Honors and Awards
- TCU Executive MBA Outstanding Professor of the Year Award
- Rintaro Aoki Outstanding Paper Award (Japan)
- Vernon K. Zimmerman Outstanding Paper Award (U.S.)
- Best Paper Awards (Thailand, Hong Kong)
- Outstanding Graduate Faculty Teaching Award
- Outstanding Graduate Faculty Mentor Award
- Deans Teaching Award
- Outstanding Professor Award
- Nominee for Chancellor's Teaching Award