Academic Director, BNSF Neeley Leadership Program
Management and Leadership Department
- PhD, Texas A&M University
- MBA, University of Florida
- BBA, Texas Tech University
Areas of Expertise/Research
- Effective Group/Teamwork
- Organizational Transitions
- Human Resource Management
- Swider, B.W., Harris, T.B., & Gong, Q. (forthcoming). First impression effects in organizational psychology. Journal of Applied Psychology.
- Zhao, H., Li, N., Harris, T.B., Rosen, C. & Zhang, X. (forthcoming). Informational Advantages in Social Networks: The Core-periphery Divide in Peer Performance Ratings. Journal of Applied Psychology.
- Bartlow, A.C., & Harris, T.B. (2021). Scaling for Success: People Priorities for High Growth Organizations. New York, NY: Columbia University Press.
- Harris, T.B., Cardador, M.T., Cole, M.S., Mistry, S., & Kirkman, B.L. (2019). Are followers satisfied with conscientious leaders? The moderating influence of leader role authenticity. Journal of Organizational Behavior, 40(4), 456-471.
- *Zheng, X., *Li, N., *Harris, T.B., & Liao, H. (2019). Unspoken yet understood: An introduction and initial framework of subordinates’ moqi with supervisors. Journal of Management, 45(3), 955-983. (*denotes equal contribution).
- *Li, Y., *Li, N., *Guo, J., *Li, J., & *Harris, T.B. (2018). A network view of advice-giving and individual creativity in teams: A brokerage-driven, socially perpetuated phenomenon. Academy of Management Journal, 61(6), 2210-2229. (*denotes equal contribution).
Honors and Awards
- Professor of the Year (Neeley School of Business; Texas Christian University; 2020)
- Poets and Quants Best 40 Professors Under 40 List (2019)
- TCU MBA "Favorite Professor" Recognition (selected by graduating MBAs; 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020)
- Best Reviewer Award, Personnel Psychology (2018)
- Innovation in Teaching Curriculum Award (Neeley School of Business; Texas Christian University; 2018)
- Outstanding Reviewer Award, The Leadership Quarterly (2017)
- Walte Franke Faculty Teaching Excellence Award (School of Labor and Employment Relations; University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign; 2014)
- HR Division Best Paper at the Annual Meeting of the Southern Management Association in Savannah, GA: “The interplay of trainer style and learner goal orientation on training outcomes” (2014)
- Outstanding Reviewer Recognition for the Journal of Organizational Behavior (2012-13, 2013-14, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2016-17, 2-17-18)
- Mays Business School (Texas A&M) Dean’s Award for Doctoral Student Research (2012)
- Best Overall Doctoral Student Paper at the Annual Meeting of the Southern Management Association in Savannah, GA: “Where do I stand? A multilevel examination of leader-member exchange theory in the workgroup context” (2011)