- PhD, Georgia State University
- MS, University of Alabama Tuscaloosa
- BA, University of Michigan Ann Arbor
Areas of Expertise/Research
- Marketing Strategy
- Corporate Sociopolitical Activism
- Customer Relationship Management
- Services Marketing
- Bhagwat, Yashoda, Nooshin Warren, Joshua T. Beck, and George Watson IV (forthcoming), "Corporate Sociopolitical Activism and Firm Value," Journal of Marketing.
- Umashankar, Nita, Yashoda Bhagwat, and V. Kumar (2017), "Do Loyal Customers Really Pay More for Services?", Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science, Vol. 45, No. 6, 807-826.
- Kumar, V., Yashoda Bhagwat, and Alan Zhang (2015), "Regaining 'Lost' Customers: The Predictive Power of First-Lifetime Behavior, the Reason for Defection, and the Nature of the Win-Back Offer," Journal of Marketing, Vol. 79, No. 4, 34-55.
- Kumar, V., Nita Umashakar, Kihyun Kim, and Yashoda Bhagwat (2014), "Assessing the Influence of Economic and Customer Experience Factors on Service Purchase Behaviors," Marketing Science, Vol. 33, No. 5, 693-711.
Honors and Awards
- 2014 Teaching Excellence Award
- 2013 AMA-Sheth Doctoral Consortium Fellow
- 2012 SMA Doctoral Consortium Fellow