Information Systems and Supply Chain Management Department
- PhD, University of Minnesota
- MS, University of Minnesota
- BTech, Indian Institute of Technology
Areas of Expertise/Research
- Healthcare Operations
- Retail Supply Chain Operations
- Service Operations
- Management of Technology
- Mishra A., & Sinha, K. K., Thirumalai, S., Van de Ven A. Sourcing structures and the execution efficiency of information technology projects: A comparative evaluation using stochastic frontier analysis. Journal of Operations Management, 2019.
- Mishra A., & Sinha, K. 2016. "Project Quality: The Achilles Heel of Offshore Technology Projects? An Empirical Investigation of Project Execution Capabilities," IEEE Transactions on Engineering Management. forthcoming
- Dey, A., Sinha, K. K., and Thirumalai, S. 2013. "Technology Capability for Health Care Delivery: Is More Better?'' Journal of Service Research.
- Thirumalai, S., and Sinha, K. K. 2012. "To Personalize or Not to Personalize the Online Purchase Interactions: Implications of Self-Selection by Retailers" Information Systems Research.
- Thirumalai, S., and Sinha, K. K. 2011. "Customization of the Online Purchase Interactions and Customer Satisfaction: An Online Field Study." Journal of Operations Management, Vol. 29(5), 477-487. [Special Issue on Field Research in Operations and Supply Chain Management]
Honors and Awards
- Nominated for Excellence in Teaching Award by the University of Utah's chapter of the National Society of Leadership and Success, 2011.
- IBM Best Paper Award - for the paper "Customization Strategies in Electronic Retailing: Self-Selection and Performance Implications," at the POMS Conference, 2006.
- Carlson School Dissertation Fellowship 2004 - 2005. Also nominated for a University-wide dissertation proposal competition by the Carlson School.
- Juran Center Scholarship Finalist Award, 2004.