- PhD,Texas A&M University
- MBA, Wichita State University
- BS, Accounting, McPherson College
Areas of Expertise/Research
- Managerial Accounting
- Cost Accounting
- Accounting/Supply Chain interface
- The Effects of Healthcare Payment Systems on Skilled Nursing Facilities’ Cost Structure and Human Resource Strategies, Journal of Management Accounting Research, forthcoming (with Elizabeth Plummer)
- Health Insurers' Claims and Premiums Under the Affordable Care Act: Evidence on the Effects of Bright Line Regulations - Journal of Risk and Insurance, March 2020 (with Sandy Callaghan and Elizabeth Plummer).
- Supply Chain Power and Real Earnings Management: Stock Market Perceptions, Financial Performance Effects, and Implications for Suppliers - Journal of Supply Chain Management, January 2019 (with Danny Lanier and Morgan Swink).
- The Affordable Care Act’s Effects on the Formation, Expansion, and Operation of Physician-Owned Hospitals – Health Affairs, August 2016 (with Elizabeth Plummer).
- Concentrated Supply Chain Membership and Financial Performance: Chain- and Firm-Level Perspectives, Journal of Operations Management, January 2010 (with Danny Lanier, Jr. and Zach G. Zacharia).
Honors and Awards
- Neeley School Undergraduate Teaching Award
- Neeley School Graduate Teaching Award