Comprehensive and hands-on, our newest offering in Data Analytics provides an overview of Business Analytics, common methodologies deployed, and examples of how organizations are using platforms to make data driven decisions to achieve competitive advantage. Designed for business professionals with a basic working knowledge of data analytics, this four-day workshop provides analysis of data using popular data science methodologies and platforms. Business analytics is all about using data to gain valuable insights that improve decision making. Participants will achieve these goals through a detailed, hands-on approach by learning popular data science “discovery” and “prediction” methods.
Beginning with a pre-program recorded session for participant viewing, this course is an intensive series of live virtual workshops to convey important analytical metrics, data science methodologies for discovery and prediction as well as how to utilize analytics platforms like KNIME and Tableau Public.
7:00 a.m. – 9:00 a.m.
April 26, 28, May 3 & 5, 2022
Certificates will be awarded based on successful completion of the 4-day training.
* A 20 percent discount will be given to companies that enroll two or more employees.
* A 30 percent discount will be given to TCU Alumni and TCU Faculty/Staff.
* A 10 percent discount will be given to U.S. veterans and employees of non-profit organizations.
Who Should Attend?
- Leading with Data Analytics is not a prerequisite to attend this course, however, the curriculum in this program builds on the topics learned in that course. EMBA alumni are invited.
- Individuals with a working knowledge of business analytics and the tools used to predict outcomes seeking a deeper dive into utilizing tools and methodologies to better predict outcomes.
- Job titles IT analysts, Business Analysts, Data Scientists, Business Intelligence
What You Will Learn
- How to utilize tools, techniques to make data-based predictions, improved forecasting and recommendations
- How to make quicker and more informed decisions using classification trees and regression analysis
- Discovery Techniques Utilizing Example Data
- How Methodologies Work
- Prediction Techniques to Improve Forecasts and Decision Making
- Artificial Intelligence Methods
- How to use tools to make data-based recommendations
How You Will Benefit
- Gain the necessary skills to confidently utilize data analysis tools and provide predictions or recommendations based on your analysis of the data.
Session 0, Pre-Class Recorded Session Available for On-Demand Viewing on Preparing for Advanced Business Analytics (To be completed before the first live class)
Session 1, Intro / Background / Business Analytics Overview, Important Analytical Metrics Review
Session 2, Data Science Methodologies for Discovery
Session 3, Data Science Methodologies for Prediction
Session 4, Data Science Methodologies for Prediction
We use open source, visual, workflow-oriented tools for our sessions; KNIME Analytics Platform and Tableau Public. These are amazingly platforms that work best on a Windows PC, but also work well on a Mac.
Certificates will be awarded based on successful completion of the pre-class recorded session and 4-day training.