C.R. Williams Professorship in Financial Services
- PhD, Pennsylvania State University
- BS, University of Kansas
Areas of Expertise/Research
- Mergers & acquisitions
- Corporate governance
- "Redacting Proprietary Information at the IPO" with Ioannis Floros and Shane Johnson, 2016, Journal of Financial Economics, 120 (1), 102-123.
- "The Effect of Institutional Ownership on Firm Transparency and Information Production" with Joshua White, 2015, Journal of Financial Economics, 117 (3), 508-533.
- "Who Monitors the Monitor? The Use of Special Committees by Target Firms in Corporate Takeovers" with Harold Mulherin, 2014, forthcoming Journal of Corporate Finance.
- "Time Trends and Determinants of the Method of Payment in M&As" with Erik Lie and Yixin Liu, 2014, Journal of Corporate Finance, 27, 296-304.
- "Bankruptcy Spillover Effects on Strategic Alliance Partners" with Vladimir Ivanov, Journal of Financial Economics, 2012, 103 (3), 551-569.
Honors and Awards
- Associate Editor, Journal of Corporate Finance (2007-present)
- Associate Editor, Financial Management (2009-2011)
- Advisory Board Member, FMA Survey & Synthesis Series, 2012-2015
- Faculty Honor Roll (Undergraduate Teaching Award), UT Austin, 2015
- Guy O. and Rosa Lee Mabry Best Research Paper Award, KU School of Business, 2008
- Finalist for Chancellor's Distinguished Teaching Award, University of Kansas, 2008 and 2010
- Nominated for Bubb Teaching Award, School of Business, University of Kansas, 2007